admin - November 15, 2012
Life Line Screening’s “AWish4U” campaign allows you to give the gift of staying stroke-free to any of your loved ones who have not yet been screened. By urging all of your friends and family to get a stroke screening, we can all start a movement to Stay Stroke Free.
Are Your Loved Ones at Risk for Stroke?
Men and women of all ages have strokes. In fact, every 40 seconds someone suffers a stroke. Certain risk factors, some controllable and some not, can increase the likelihood of having a stroke. It is recommended that anyone 50 or older be screened for stroke, because most strokes occur in people over this age.
Other risk factors include:
- Gender (males have an increased risk)
- Family history of stroke
- Race (African Americans are at an increased risk)
- High blood pressure
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Poor diet
- Being overweight or obese
- Physical inactivity
- High cholesterol levels
Signs of Stroke
If your loved ones are at increased risk of stroke, do they know its warning signs? Would they be able to identify the threat of an oncoming stroke if it occurred? Being educated on the symptoms of stroke is one preventable method we can all work to improve.
Stroke warning signs often include:
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arms or legs, particularly on one side of the body
- Sudden loss of speech or trouble understanding speech
- Sudden unexplained memory loss
- Sudden dimness or loss of vision in one eye
- Sudden onset of double vision
- Sudden severe, acute headache
- Sudden dizziness or loss of balance
To help lower the number of people impacted by stroke, Life Line Screening is giving away 500 FREE* Stay Stroke Free screening packages, which include screenings for the three leading causes of stroke: carotid artery blockages, atrial fibrillation and high blood pressure.
For eligibility for a free stroke screening, participants must be first-time customers. To forward to your friends and family, access a detailed message on these free stroke screenings or call 877-557-4438 and mention Priority Code: AWISH4U to schedule a screening.*
Together, we can reduce the incidence of stroke. Please share this with your loved ones today.
*Scheduling of a free stroke screening is on a first come first serve basis. Offer valid for first time customers only.