admin - August 14, 2013
Proactively striving to stay healthy is a great way to live and can save thousands of dollars in medical expenses over time. If you want to stay healthy, you have to work at it. How? By keeping in mind these seven must-know facts about healthy living.
1. Daily exercise is possible. Exercise is one of the best ways to stay healthy because it helps keep your body from storing unwanted fat reserves and wards against many illnesses. Making simple adjustments in your daily schedule can be a great way to get your heart-rate up and keep your weight down. It may seem difficult to find motivation to exercise every day, but simply squeezing in a little bit is better than no exercise at all.
2. Eating often helps lose weight. Eat breakfast, have snacks and indulge often – just do it wisely. Snack on foods that will benefit your body and eat small meals to help keep your metabolism running at peak performance.
3. Energy drinks are misleading. Energy is simply the capacity to do work, and in food sources, this energy comes in the form of calories. Therefore, the term “energy” in these drinks is no more than a clever way to say “filled with calories”.
4. Proper hydration is important. Staying hydrated is essential for good health because it helps lubricate vital organs while ridding the body of unwanted toxins, according to the Journal of the American College of Nutrition.
5. A clean kitchen is not always a sanitary kitchen. Germs are all around us, and while 99 percent of them will cause no real harm, the remaining one percent can be very dangerous. Prevention.com recommends a weekly sanitization regimen using a diluted bleach cleaner, paying special attention to sinks and faucets.
6. Suppressing anger is unhealthy. Not only does suppressing anger increase the risk of heart disease, it actually amplifies pain and discomfort, according to a study by the American Psychological Association.
7. Your home can make you sick. While it is widely known that the presence of black mold in your home can cause cold-like symptoms, recent research indicates that it may actually lead to an increased risk of depression, according to Science Daily. If you’re unsure of your home’s mold levels and types, an in-home test kit can help you decide which action to take.
If you want to live a healthy life, then you’ll need to do more than just eat your apple each day. Remember these simple health facts in addition to your regular health screenings to keep your body running smoothly for many years to come.