admin - August 15, 2013
One of the hardest parts of adding regular physical activity into your lifestyle is staying motivated. You may not notice many changes right away, so it’s easy to give up after a week or two. To avoid ever getting to that point, you need to be continually inspired. When you’re on the brink of quitting, come back to this post and read the inspiring words of some famous and not-so-famous people. Remember to look at the long-term goal of staying active as a major health benefit – even if you can’t physically see those benefits yet.
Inspirational Fitness Quotes
It’s easy to give up. It’s much harder to stick to a healthy lifestyle that includes staying active. We understand. Read these inspirational fitness quotes to get a much-needed motivational boost.
1. Strive for progress, not perfection. – Unknown.
2. It is not comfort we are after. It is progress. However small. Walk in the direction of your goals NOW. – Joel Harper, celebrity fitness trainer.
3. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
4. It’s never too late to become what you might have been. – George Eliot
5. Motivation will almost always beat mere talent. – Norman
6. Energy and persistence conquer all things. – Benjamin Franklin
7. Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. – Michael Jordan
8. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. –Albert Einstein
9. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz
10. You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted. – Ruth E. Renkl
11. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Ryan
12. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will. – George Burns
14. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
15. You want me to do something – tell me I can’t do it. – Maya Angelou
Staying active has the power to become medicine for your body. How? It can lower your risk for serious diseases like type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart disease, osteoporosis and more. It lowers dangerous risk factors like obesity, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. It gives you more energy. It helps you sleep better. It strengthens your muscles and bones. There are so many benefits of physical activity. So, why not try it? Tell us which one of the above inspirational fitness quotes is your favorite. Tweet it to @Life_Line with the hashtag #MovementIsMedicine now.
2 Comments so far